What is a CMMS?
A computerised maintenance management system, or CMMS for short, is a piece of software that helps organisations manage their maintenance operations. The system stores data on all the assets in an organisation’s maintenance inventory, as well as information on past and current maintenance tasks. This data can be used to generate reports on the health of an organisation’s assets, as well as to help plan and schedule future maintenance tasks. They also automate and track tasks, schedule preventive maintenance, and help identify and resolve issues before they become bigger problems. A CMMS can be an extremely useful tool for organisations of all sizes.
What are the benefits of using a CMMS?
CMMS software can automate and track maintenance tasks, quotes, work orders and asset management. A CMMS can help organizations reduce downtime and improve productivity by automating the tracking of maintenance tasks, help managers better plan and budget for future maintenance needs, help organizations better comply with safety and regulatory requirements, improve communication within an organization by providing a central repository for all maintenance-related information and help organizations benchmark their performance against industry standards.
Types of CMMS:
CMMS can be used in a variety of industries. There are many different types of CMMS software available on the market, so it is important to research which option would be best for your specific business. Some popular types of CMMS software include:
- Facility Maintenance Software- This type of CMMS is designed to help managers track and schedule maintenance tasks for buildings and other physical infrastructure. It often includes features such as work order management, asset tracking and scheduling tools.
- Project Management Software – This type of CMMS is designed to help manage project schedules and budgets. It includes work scheduling, resource planning, cost tracking and reporting tools.
- HRMS Software – This type of CMMS is designed to help manage workers’ schedules and payroll. It includes time tracking, employee information management and workforce planning tools.
How to choose a CMMS?
CMMS software can be a valuable asset to an organization, but it is important to select the right system for your business needs. The following tips will help you choose the right CMMS for your organization:
- Determine what you need the CMMS to do
- Consider the size of your organization and how many users will need access to the system
- Compare different CMMS providers and pricing plans
- Ask for references from other businesses that have used the CMMS software
- Contact a consultant who is knowledgeable about various CMMS providers to help you make the best decision for your organization.
CMMS systems are a valuable investment for businesses of all sizes. By improving communication and coordination between departments, CMMS systems help to optimize workflow and improve efficiency. Additionally, CMMS systems can help to reduce costs by preventing equipment failures and breakdowns. As such, businesses of all types would benefit from implementing a CMMS system.
Contact Taskflo for a free demo today: taskflo.com.au.